My posts tend to be 'off the cuff' - meaning I'm just writing out in 'one go' about stuff I'm currently thinking about. Not really a lot of pre-planning (in most cases, save for tutorials). Though I do go back and add bits, correct grammar errors, and put in links, pictures, etc. So apologies if you were expecting highly formalized PR or Marketing spiel. ;) (Yes, I know. You weren't!)

Everyone who cares about AR/VR design should read this locomotion research from Oculus Research

Still sick with the flu, so not ready to write more about AR locomotion issues.

But here is a good starter set for anyone interested in the subject.

Oculus Research Into Comfortable Locomotion

and also this video

Solving for Locomotion in VR

I'm going to try some of these with low end device Camera-based AR, as a demo, to see if they make any difference. And I think I'll also try them with Cardboard with or without an AR backboard.

I think it's easy to say that inside-out tracking and especially hand tracking are also high on the list for dealing with locomotion, but the above might help immensely with the nausea issues that both VR and AR (with camera lag) have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting started with Unity's new Shader Graph Node-based Shader Creator/Editor (tutorial 6 - Getting Glow/Bloom Effect wihout Post-Processing by Inverting Fresnel...Sort Of...)

Getting started with Unity's new Shader Graph Node-based Shader Creator/Editor (tutorial 2 - tiling, offsets, blending, subgraphs and custom channel blending)

Getting started with Unity's new Shader Graph Node-based Shader Creator/Editor (tutorial 5 - Exploring Fresnel/Color Rim and Update on Vertex Displacement Attempts)